Set your sound stage and bring a whole new music experience to life with the PXE-0850S Wireless Digital Signal Processor. This processor overcomes inherent acoustical anomalies within vehicles to develop a well-balanced response and proper sound stage even from a factory head unit. Customize your system with the 31-band EQ and make precise adjustments to the detailed high/low crossovers and expansive time correction for each of the 12 channel. Easily control the PXE-0850S wirelessly via a smartphone connection or a wired connection to your PC -- either way, you get fast, real-time results. The versatile PXE-0850S can be used with a factory system, Alpine head unit, or other aftermarket head unit.
- System integration sound processor for use when adding amplifiers to a factory or aftermarket head unit
- TI 32-bit DSP with 300MHz floating point processing
- TI 24-bit premium audio ADC/DAC
- 6 Low and/or High-level inputs
- Matrix mixing allows for summing and input/output signal management
- 12 RCA outputs
- 8 x 25W outputs (mirrors the first 8 RCA outputs)
- 31 Bands of independent equalization per channel
- Parametric and Graphic equalizer
- Frequency range: 20Hz ~ 20KHz, 1Hz steps
- Q: 0.404 ~ 28.85, 0.01 steps
- Gain: -12.0dB ~ +12.0 dB, 0.1 dB steps
- High pass, low pass, and bandpass, independent filters per channel
- Specialized type filtering: Butterworth, Linkwitz-Riley, Bessel
- Filter crossover points: 20Hz – 20KHz. 1Hz steps
- Slopes: 12dB, 18dB, 24dB, 30dB, 36dB, 42dB, 48dB
- Up to 20ms of time delay per channel
- Delay units: 0.000 to 20 milliseconds, 0.00 to 692 centimeters, 0.00 to 273 inches
- 0 deg. or 180 deg. phase adjustment per channel
- System control through a wireless smartphone connection or a wired connection to your PC
- Save and share tuning presets
- Sources: Bluetooth® Audio, High-level input (head unit signal), S/PDIF input, Analog Aux inputs (aftermarket head unit signal)
- Dash-mounted remote controller included for Volume, Preset store/recall, Source Selection
- Option to be used in stand-alone mode without the remote controller plugged in
THE FLEXIBILITY TO ADD TO NEWER FACTORY RADIOS
As more and more newer vehicles are equipped with highly integrated displays and complex sound systems, the stand-alone DSP, Digital Signal Processor, is becoming absolutely crucial for building the next-level Alpine sound system. How do you upgrade your sound without changing your head unit? It may not be just as simple as adding amplifiers anymore. Modern factory systems generally have speakers playing a specific range of frequencies which makes it difficult to improve on sound and add aftermarket amplifiers. The Alpine PXE-0850S allows you take up to 6 independent signals (3 per side, for example) and combine them to create a full range signal. Once you have that full range signal, you can send them to up to 12 independent channels allowing for extreme versatility in system building.
QUICK ADJUSTABILITY WITH INCLUDED CONTROLLER
The PXE-0850S comes with an LCD remote controller that can be flush-mounted on the dash. Use the rotary knob to quickly control volume, preset storage and recall, and source selection. You can also view the results on the remote controller’s LED screen. The controller adds quick adjustability to your system if needed or it can be left out altogether if smartphone control is enough.
EXTREME TUNING RESOLUTION
Once you’ve designed the perfect configuration of speakers and amps for your system, the new Alpine DSP allows you to dive deep into tuning the system. Objects and materials in the vehicle (seats, center consoles, leather, glass, etc.) all contribute to the overall sound entering your ears. Many times, these contributions are undesirable. Using professional tools like a Real-Time Analyzer (sold separately) allow you to identify these issues and adjust for them with the PXE-0850S. You can adjust crossovers and levels of each speaker to ensure proper balance across your system. Timing from each speaker location can be delayed so the sound reaches your ears at the same time -- allowing you to stage your music properly. Finally, the 31-band parametric and graphic equalizer lets you to dial down unwanted frequencies and flatten the response to ensure your sound system is properly replicating the music exactly as the artist intended.
EASY ACCESS TO DETAILED SOUND TUNING
Tuning doesn’t have to be complicated. The PXE-0850S allows you to easily custom tune your system wirelessly on a smartphone, tablet, or via wired USB connection for PC (USB cable included). No matter your preference, you get one convenient place to see all inputs/outputs, crossovers, time correction, and 31 bands together for immediate visual recognition and real-time sound results. Listen with delight as you pull frequency levels (“Q’s”) and immediately hear the adjustment being made. Quickly turn off an adjustment with one touch to listen to the “Before” and “After” effect.
Download the free PXE-DSP-APP on the App Store and Google Play store. Find the PC app on Alpine Knowledge Center.
SAVE AND SHARE YOUR TUNING FILES
Do you find yourself repeatedly tuning the same type of system or the same type of vehicle? With the PXE-0850S, you can save and share your entire tuning set up. Once you’ve created a fantastic tune, reduce time and effort by saving the file to your phone or hard drive and use it for the next vehicle with a similar set up. The file system is so versatile that you can share the saved file via text message or email, or easily store it on a thumb drive and give it to a fellow tuner.
STAND-ALONE MUSIC MEDIA PLAYER
Aside from using Bluetooth® to wirelessly tune the system, the PXE-0850S also has Bluetooth® streaming which allows you to bypass your head unit altogether and send audio from your phone directly to the processor. This means if you want a robust sound system in a situation where a head unit is unnecessary, you can create one using just your smartphone as the source. The Bluetooth® adapter needed for this wireless connection is included in the box.