The Type-R Thin subwoofer series combines the intense low-bass performance and ground-shaking output of the traditional Type-R subwoofers in a thin package optimized for extremely small enclosures.
More Mounting Options without Compromise
The Type-R Thin series have been engineered to offer more installation flexibility and application versatility to build the ideal sound system. At 3-1/4” deep for the 10” and 3-1/2” deep for the 12”, these subs provide deep bass performance where it normally couldn’t fit. And the 0.35 cubic foot (SWR-T10) and 0.6 cubic foot (SWR-T12) ideal enclosure sizes mean great bass performance can go just about anywhere in your vehicle.
Exclusive Alpine Technologies Ensure High Performance
The new Type-R Thin boasts no less than 7 unique Alpine technologies in its industry-first design. These innovations allow the Type-R Thin to have the output and power handling of the traditional Type-R series in less than half the depth. The new Type-R Thin design has the same DNA of the standard Type-Rs - demanding cleaner, deeper bass extension, faster, more accurate transients and even greater output capability.
Revolutionary Segmented Spider Design Provides the Excursion of a Tall Subwoofer
Consistent, Reliable Performance out of the Box
There’s no need to play your sub for hours to break it in to achieve consistent performance. This sub is designed to deliver consistent performance right out of the box. Since this revolutionary design is made with an injection mold resin, rather than phenolic stiffened textile, this new spider requires no break in to achieve ideal performance. A Co-Molded Aluminum collar attaches the voice coil to the spider to ensure a reliable, high-strength design.
These two graphs are from the industry standard measuring system, Klippel which illustrates the excursion of the subwoofer both relative to the strength of the magnet system, and the stiffness and linearity of the suspension.
FEA Optimized = Maximum Linearity
Alpine’s Patented Dual-Sided Compound Radius Curve pole geometry ensures an ultra symmetrical magnetic field with optimized flux density to greatly reduce distortion, while further improving power handling and output. (U.S. Patent #6,639,993)
More Excursion = More Output
The new FEA-Optimized Motor Structure together with the revolutionary High-Amplitude Multi- Roll (HAMR) Suspension Design gives the new Type-R Thin Subwoofers the highest X-max and SPL output in the category.
With a real-world, measured 15mm of X-max, allow the new Type-R Thin Subwoofers to deliver the best-in-class bass output, ultra-low distortion, and unparalleled sound quality.
Maximize Performance with Power
Match the right amount of power for one or two Type-R thins?
More VC Control in a Smaller, Lightweight Package
Type-R Thin’s 1.5lb neodymium magnet has 5x the magnetic strength than standard ferrite magnets used for most subwoofers. This powerful magnet combined with a massive 4” (100mm) voice coil delivers increased power handling and more accurate, louder, cleaner bass with even more control.
Lightweight Cone Materials Designed to Perform
Heavy-duty magnet assembly calls for heavy-duty cone materials. A specially engineered cone is reinforced by an injection-molded force transfer assembly, giving the cone structure outstanding stiffness while minimizing moving mass . A centering ring in the force transfer assembly is also engineered to lock the voice coil assembly in place. This makes the entire piston assembly extremely strong and linear.
Keep it Cool = Keep it Playing
Alpine’s Patented Radial Vented VC Heat Sink and Airflow Management System (US Patent #7,634,101) helps to minimize power compression and ensures reliable long playing time by actively pulling (or transferring) output-robbing heat away from the Voice Coil
4 Unique Alpine Technologies
1. Radial Vented VC Heat Sink & Airflow Management System
Actively manages voice coil temperatures by forcing air directly across the heat sink system.
2. FEA Optimized Dual-Sided Machined CRC Motor Structure
Creates a symmetrical magnetic field with evenly distributed flux density to greatly reduce distortion, while further improving power handling and output.
3. FEA Optimized Injection Molded TPE Spider with Pass-Through Gap Design
Provides the mechanical clearance needed for over 50mm of peak-to-peak excursion, unleashing massive output potential from a small package
4. FEA Optimized HAMR Surround
The High-Amplitude Multi Roll Surround Design allows for extreme excursions without sacrificing valuable cone area. FEA Optimized for linearity and made with injection-molded Santoprene ®, the HAMR surround is a key part of the suspension system that provides accurate, distortion-free control at extreme excursions.
Features and Specification
- CEA-2031 Power Rating: 600W
- Power Range: 300 - 600 Watts
- RMS Power Handling: 600W
- Peak Power Handling: 1800W
- Mounting Depth: 82 mm (3.25'')
- Mounting Diameter: 231 mm (9.1'')
- Displacement: 0.07 cu. ft (Front Mount)
- Added Volume: 0.04 cu. ft. (Reverse Mount, Magnet Out)
- Frequency Response: 28Hz - 200Hz
- Material: Aluminum
- Design: Structural Parabolic w/ Force Transfer Assembly
- Material: Injected Molded Santoprene
- Design: FEA-Optimized High Amplitude Mutli-Roll (H.A.M.R.) (Patent Pending)
- Material: Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE)
- Design: Co-Molded Regressive w/ Integrated Tinsel Leads
- Material: 220C Edge-Wound Copper Ribbon Wire
- Design: Oversized 100mm (4'') Underhung Voice Coil
- Pole Geometry: FEA-Optimized Dual Compound Radius Curve w/ Pass Through Gap Design (Patent #6,639,993, 2 Patents Pending)
- Configuration: Radial Vented VC Heat Sink & Shorting Sleeve w/ Airflow Management System (Patent 7,634,101)
- Material: Cast Aluminum
- Design: Direct-Couple Shorting Sleeve/Heatsink and Frame Design
- Layout: One Side
- Design: Heavy Duty Gold-Plated Insert Block Terminals
- Design: Woven Spider Integration Design
- Design: Concealed Mount Gasket System (US Patent #7,760,900)