- component speaker system includes two woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 external crossovers
- 6"x9" carbon-fiber reinforced polymer (CFRP) woofer
- carbon-fiber reinforced polymer dome tweeter
- handles up to 100 watts RMS (300 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 60-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 90 dB
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-7/8"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Grille badges
- 2 Tweeters (each has an attached 30" length of wire)
- 2 Tweeter grilles (installed)
- 2 Swivel flush mount housings (with tweeters installed)
- Two crossovers (each has attached input and output wires)
- 2 Flush mount retention rings
- 2 Stealth brackets
- 2 Foam self-adhesive pads
- 2 Foam self-adhesive rings
- Eight 1-1/8" Screws
- 8 Speed-clips
- Eight M4x60mm Machine screws
- 8 Nuts
- 8 Flat washers
- 8 Split lock washers
- Four 5" Zip ties
- 2 Pieces of two-sided tape
- Warranty information
- On-line product registration note
- Important Notice sheet
- Template and specs on box
Driver Materials: The R-Series speakers use Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP) woofer cones. This high-strength, lightweight material is formed with its fibers aligned in the same direction as the curve and shape of the cone, thereby reducing resonant peaks. This balance of light weight and rigidity improves the speakers' mid-bass performance and dynamic range. CFRP is also used for the tweeter diaphragm, enabling the system to perform into the 40 kHz range.
HAMR Surround: The R-Series speakers incorporate Alpine's patented High-Amplitude Multi-Roll (HAMR) surround, a technology developed for Alpine subwoofers that maintains control and stability at higher volume levels. HAMR surrounds combine increased cone area and long linear cone excursion for deep, powerful bass response.
Tweeter Mounting Options: The tweeters come installed in a flush-mount housing. Once mounted, the tweeters pivot approximately 15° in any direction, to improve the stereo image. You can also install the tweeters behind factory grilles using the included stealth mount brackets. The stealth mount brackets can be top or bottom mounted; they have multiple tabs that can be removed when not needed. The installed tweeter dimensions are:
Crossovers: A low-pass crossover is attached to each woofer's input terminal. Separate in-line high-pass crossovers are wired between the woofers and tweeters. Each woofer has two positive and two negative terminals, one for input from the amplifier, and one for output to the tweeter (via the in-line high-pass crossover). The 12" output wires attached to the crossovers are terminated with quick slides that connect to the terminals on the 30" wires attached to the tweeters. The quick slides on the attached 32" input wires connect the the terminals on the woofers. Because the crossovers are separate, the system can be bi-amped. Two-sided tape is included to mount the high-pass crossovers; their dimensions are:
Length: 2½" (2¾" including wire)
Tweeter Output Level: Each crossover has three tweeter level options, allowing you to precisely tune the high frequencies to the car interior and tweeter placement. Using the supplied jumpers select -3 dB, 0 dB (flat), or +3 dB.
|Flush Mount (swivel)
||Factory Location (bottom mount)
||Factory Location (top mount)
||2.5" x 2.5"
||2.56" x 2.56"