Maximum bass output
Alpine's Type-R subwoofers will bring big bass to just about any vehicle. The SWR-12D2 12" sub features a cone made from Kevlar® treated pulp — the same material used to make bulletproof vests — and its durable HAMR Santoprene™ surround allows for huge amounts of excursion. This sub was built for bassheads that want the best of both worlds: accurate response and otherworldly thump.
Bring on the power
The SWR-12D2 can handle an astounding 1000 watts of RMS power, so be sure to choose a suitable amplifier as these bass monsters definitely want lots of power. Its dual oversized 2-ohm voice coils offer the wiring flexibility you'll appreciate as your system changes and grows, so you can always pull maximum power from your amp. It works well in sealed and ported enclosures so you can choose what kind of bass you want to hear and feel.
Note: If you are wiring this DVC sub for lower impedance, make sure that your amp is compatible.
- 12" subwoofer with dual 2-ohm voice coils
- Kevlar reinforced pulp cone with HAMRS Santoprene rubber surround
- frequency response: 24-200 Hz
- power handling: 300-1,000 watts RMS (500 watts per coil)
- peak power: 3,000 watts
- sensitivity: 84.7 dB
- top-mount depth: 6-3/8"
- sealed box volume: 0.75-1.00 cu. ft.
- ported box volume: 1.25-1.50 cu. ft.
- warranty: 1 year