iDatalink Maestro RR2
Keep your vehicle's features
iDatalink's Maestro ADS-MRR2 module, along with the correct interface harness for your vehicle, allows you to install a new car stereo in select late-model Chrysler, Fiat, Ford, General Motors, Honda/Acura, Subaru, Toyota/Scion, and Volkswagen vehicles while retaining your steering wheel audio controls and other factory conveniences you've grown accustomed to. And setup only takes a few minutes via Bluetooth from your smartphone or other device, a big improvement over previous models. You'll also need an additional Maestro vehicle-specific wiring harness that connects your new receiver to the ADS-MRR2 module and your vehicle's wiring. When you purchase a new car stereo, we will automatically offer this harness along with ADS-MRR2 module at a discounted price on your way to the Cart.
Here's how it works
First, you connect the Maestro to your computer using the included USB cable or to your smartphone or other device via Bluetooth, visit www.idatalink.com/maestro, and follow the instructions. Once the unit has been "flashed," it's ready to go. Next, you'll either solder or crimp the vehicle-specific Maestro harness (sold separately) to your new receiver's wiring, just like you would with any Crutchfield wiring harness or wiring adapter.
Retains steering wheel audio controls
The ADS-MRR2 module also allows you to use your factory steering wheel audio controls with your new receiver. Using the intuitive web programming interface, each factory button can be assigned a specific radio function. Better yet, you can also assign a secondary "press and hold" radio function to each factory button, effectively doubling what can be controlled. It's simple to update the module's firmware and software via a wireless Bluetooth connection.
The ADS-MRR2 features three programmable outputs which allow you to control relay-driven aftermarket accessories from an iDatalink Serial Port-compatible Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer in-dash receiver. These outputs can be individually configured to Latch, Toggle, Follow a CAN signal in the car (firmware dependent), or have a custom output configuration, as well as setting Delay On and Delay Off times for each output. You can also assign a steering wheel control button from the vehicle to control one of these outputs. The ADS-MRR2 also features a dedicated port for radar detector integration that allows you to connect to select Escort radar detectors (sold separately).
Keeping your factory features with an iDatalink-compatible car stereo
If you're buying a compatible Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine receiver, you'll enjoy the outstanding performance of your receiver, plus seamless touchscreen control over most of the factory features in select vehicles (see Details for specific functions and installation notes). You'll also see a list of these features on the way to the Cart with the car stereo you've selected.
With most iDatalink-compatible car stereos, you'll also be able to add additional features like performance gauges, climate controls, and parking assistance that appear on your new receiver's touchscreen.
Car stereos that aren't iDatalink-compatible
With car stereos that are not iDatalink-compatible, you'll usually retain your steering wheel controls and the use of your factory amplifier, although retained features vary according to the vehicle. Again, you'll see a list of features on the way to the Cart.
- allows installation of a new car stereo in select 2006-up vehicles built by Chrysler, Fiat, Ford, GM, Honda/Acura, Subaru, Toyota/Scion, and Volkswagen
- works with required vehicle-specific harness (sold separately) to retain factory steering wheel audio controls, retain the factory amp if present, and integrate all car stereo connections
- retains factory convenience features (OnStar, SYNC, Uconnect, and more) with select Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer, Sony, and JVC touchscreen receivers
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen with select Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, and Alpine multimedia receivers
- setup via Bluetooth-enabled device or mini-USB-to-USB-A cable
- three programmable outputs control relay-driven aftermarket accessories
- dedicated port connects to select Escort radar detectors (sold separately)
- dimensions: 4-3/4"W x 3/4"H x 3-1/4"D
What's in the box:
- Radio replacement interface module
- 18" Interface harness (4-pin to 4-pin)
- 18" SWC harness (4-pin to 3.5mm)
- 22" Audio harness (3-Pin to 3.5mm)
- 8" Programmable output harness (6-pin to bare-wires)
- 8" Radar harness (6-pin to bare-wires)
- 7" USB-C to USB-A cable