R2-W12D2 12-inch R-Series Subwoofer
Next-Generation 12-inch R-Series Subwoofer with Dual 2-Ohm Voice Coils
NEXT-GEN SOUND PERFORMANCE
Since the Type R platform, Alpine’s R-Series sound system family has been known for its incredible output and reliable performance. Now Alpine introduces the next-generation of sound performance with the 2nd-Gen R-Series subwoofers with even more bass output.
NEW MOTOR STRUCTURE
The 2nd-Gen R-Series Subwoofers now feature larger, double-stacked magnets that contribute more motor force for deeper bass and tighter bass control from the subwoofer cone compared to the previous generation. An integrated Faraday ring minimizes distortion for cleaner bass output. A Kevlar-treated cone ensures durability in the subwoofer for reliable performance, even at high volumes.
The 2nd-Gen R-Series Subwoofers contain a Dual Voice Coil (DVC) with easy configuration jumpers that allow for flexible applications. A new “EZ-Change” twist-lock grille mounting system makes it easy to install and remove an optional grille without mounting screws for added protection to the cone. The R2-W10D2 is compatible with the KTE-10G Grille System (sold separately).
The 2nd-Gen R-Series Subwoofers contain Alpine’s High Amplitude Multi-Roll (HAMR) Surround Technology. This rubber surround allows the subwoofer cone to efficiently move air while staying cool, which also contributes to increased output from the subwoofers. This technology allows for 20mm of total cone excursion and motion that creates incredible accuracy from the subwoofer.
- Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Subwoofers with Configuration Jumpers
- Polypropylene/Ceramic Composite Dust Cap
- Kevlar Reinforced Pulp Cone High-Performance subwoofers
- Twist-Lock Grille Mount System
- High-Amplitude Multi-Roll (H.A.M.R.) Surround
- Large Double-Stacked Magnets
- 750W RMS
- 2250W Peak Power Handling
- Frequency Response: 24Hz-200Hz
- Sensitivity (1W/1m): 84.5dB
- Nominal Impedance: 2Ω
- Voice Coil: 65mm
- X-Max: 20mm
- Magnet Weight: 144oz
- Mounting Depth: 6-1/2” (152mm)
- Cutout Size: 10-7/8” (231mm)
- Push-Type Speaker Terminals (Up to 8AWG Wire Size)
- CTA-2031 Compliant